Due to the fact that it offers over 600 health benefits, turmeric has been valued and commonly used for millennia. Its properties are mostly a result of its active ingredient, curcumin, which offers a wide plethora of healing properties.
Yet, you probably weren’t aware of its brain-regenerative properties, were you?
Here are the most important benefits of this miraculous spice:
- It prevents and treats cancer
- It reduces the risk of heart diseases
- It has powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties, which prevent free radical damage
- It increases the serotonin and dopamine levels, which are neurotransmitters that prevent depression
- It delays aging and fights age-related conditions
- It raises the levels of the brain hormone BDNF, which triggers the growth of new neurons and fights degenerative processes in the brain
However, researchers have often overlooked one fat-soluble compound in turmeric, called aromatic-turmerone.
German scientists have analyzed its effects on neural stem cells and found that it increased the number of neutral stem cells by 80 percent, indicating that it has a healing effect.
When rats were exposed to it, it managed to create healthy new brain cells and increased the size of the subventricular zone and the hippocampus.
Ar-turmerone is a potent regenerative which helps NSCs in brain regeneration and is helpful in the treatment of degenerative diseases such as Alzheimer`s or stroke.
It supports the proliferation of the stem cell, and distinguishes between stems cells and neurons, which is the main goal of regenerative medicine.
Therefore, to reap all the benefits of this amazing spice, and enjoy its full potential, you should use the whole turmeric, instead of just taking a turmeric extract.