Most people are not even aware of the fact that the side or pose in which they sleep may significantly affect their digestive tract.
The first evidence of this claim comes from ancient times when monks practiced to lie down after every meal for better digestion.
This is confirmed by Ayurvedic medicine, the oldest Oriental Medicine, which advises that it is best to sleep on the left side.
Here are some reasons why you, according to Ayurveda, you should sleep on the left side:
– It facilitates lymphatic drainage
– It helps the heart to send blood to the body
– It eliminates contaminants better
– It contributes to a better functioning of the spleen
– It promotes good digestion
– It promotes blood flow to the heart
– It contribute to a better flow of bile