Lard has for years been unfairly neglected, and the reputation of her has been reduced by the claims that its composition damages the human health.
But the latest research goes in favor of the lard. Moreover, it is considered that is even healthy for the body.
Of course, as with everything else, we should not exaggerate with the lard, but it certainly deserves to be part of every household, just as it was in the times of our grandparents.
These are its advantages:
– According to its composition, lard is 40% saturated fat while, for example, coconut oil 85% saturated fat. Most of monounsaturated fats in lard are made by oleic acid, which is healthy and fatty acid that uses the heart function and is associated with lower levels of bad cholesterol.
– The lard has twice oleic acid than the butter.
– Lard has a high boiling point. In particular, its structure does not change when heated above 250 degrees Celsius. Therefore, food fried in lard absorbs less harmful radicals than in the case of other soluble ingredients, such as butter, in which they are increased by roasting.
Of course, eating fried food in large quantities is not recommended, but if you do that, you might as well reach for the good old fat.
– Fats from lard have all the advantages, as it has been proven that the body needs to perform daily functions, but in smaller amounts than they had been used in the past.
– The fat contains calories, but research suggests that this is food that creates a longer sense of fullness. The advantage is that the fat from lard converts to energy and helps the absorption of vitamins. Lard contains cholesterol, which in the body, under the influence of ultraviolet light, is converted into vitamin D, which is important for calcium absorption.