How many times have you advised the elderly to put cabbage leaf on the sore spot because “there isn’t anything it cannot cure”? They may not have had scientific evidence to support their claim, but they really were right, and that numerous studies prove that.
Cabbage is one of the most powerful foods available to us, and because of that, you should most definitely include it in your diet. It has a strong antioxidant, anticancer and antibacterial activity, especially if it’s consumed in fresh form.
We recommend that you try the following powerful beverage that combines cabbage juice of aloe vera (which you can purchase at any health food store), ginger and mint, which provide great taste.
200 ml juice of aloe vera
¼ clove fresh cabbage
1 tablespoon grated ginger tea
Optional: a few fresh mint leaves, half a cucumber
Add all the ingredients into a blender and mix until you get a homogeneous mixture. Drink the resulting beverage fresh.
– Encourages detoxification of the body. Thanks to the glucosinolate, a compound that is found in cabbage, this drink helps the body to get rid of harmful substances which create health problems.
– Treats the skin. Cabbage contains phytochemicals, antioxidants and vitamins A, C and E, which do wonders for our skin. They hydrate dry skin, reduce the excretion in oily skin and soothe inflamed acne.
– Soothing effect on the digestive system. The drink of fresh cabbage facilitates the work of the complete digestive tract so that it stimulates digestion. It relieves stomach ulcer and strengthens the stomach lining.
– Reduces bad cholesterol. If you have problems with high cholesterol, especially bad one, cabbage will be particularly helpful because it contains no fat, and it is rich in soluble fiber and phytosterols, which are an important ally in the fight against cholesterol.
– Helps weight loss. Cabbage is food with a minimal amount of calories, and that’s why it is great for all diets. One large cabbage, that helps you to make a salad for the whole family, contains about 250 calories. It is rich in fibers that control appetite and stabilize blood sugar levels.