Guava is not only a delicious fruit, but also a source of possibilities for our beauty and health.
In addition to the fruit itself, we can take advantage of the bark of this tree and also its leaves.
Guava has more antioxidants than any other citrus fruit and also has few calories and fats, making it an ideal fruit for those who want to lose weight and include fruits in their diets.
Alternative medicine has long had guava leaves to combat various diseases, thanks to its polyphenols, flavonoids and other minerals
Here are some of them, so that you can use them too:
– Guava leaf extract is used to combat candidiasis through infusions that are used as showers.
– Chewing leaves of guava fights bad breath and if consumed before drinking alcohol, avoid hangovers and headaches.
– Make an infusion with guava peel relieves some irritations of the skin, acne and sight.
– Its antimicrobial properties guarantee to be effective in cutting with diarrhea.
– Pectin from guavas helps lower cholesterol.
– Guava tea works as a powerful diuretic.
– Guava leaves act as antioxidants that have a positive effect on male fertility.
– Relieves sore throat and cough.
– Pectin impinges on the intestines by cleansing them and avoiding constipation.
– It is ideal for people who diet because it only contains 20 calories per 100 grams and low fat level.
With 1 liter of water and a handful of guava leaves you can prepare a tea to which you can add honey and from which you can take advantage of all these benefits.