Hearing loss greatly affects the patients as a loss of emotional and social well-being. When you don’t hear the world around you, it can lead to stress, frustration, and even to pain.
Hearing loss can be caused by various factors:
– Excessive noise
– Ear infection
– Trauma to the eardrum
– Holesteatoma, representing a growth of skin through a hole in the eardrum
– Diseases or infections like smallpox, syphilis, mumps and meningitis
– Meniere’s disease – a disorder of the inner ear which causes us to feel tinnitus, dizziness and echo in the ears
– Some medications
– Autoimmune diseases
Symptoms of hearing loss can occur gradually, or they could come fast and furiously. When feeling hearing loss, people are looking for a way to deal with it – but it is very important to seek medical help. Some of the symptoms are:
- Pain / pressure in one or both ears
- Dizziness or vertigo
- Asking people to repeat what they have said
- Turning the volume of the radio or TV up
- Hardly understanding what people are saying
- Feeling concerned while meeting people because you fear that you will not understand them well
How to treat it:
Today, hearing aid helps in a lot of things, but we will still try to find natural methods in order to reach a possible complete cure.
Ginkgo biloba – The tree ginkgo biloba is older than the ice age and it is believed to be able to live 2000-4000 years. No wonder then that the generation of healers from Asia to Europe turned to ginkgo for help in the treatment of ten various diseases.
Magnesium – it is documented in detail that chronic exposure to high noise can cause considerable hearing loss, regardless of age. In fact, many young people who were in the army suffered hearing loss due to powerful explosions in combat conditions. One common mineral may help to prevent some of the damage.
Vitamin B12 – Appropriate doses of vitamin B12 may help to protect the hearing of people who are constantly exposed to high noise.
Brine – Cabbage is one of the few foods that can be used as a medicine or remedy. It abounds in minerals that are necessary for the development of our organism.
The recipe is:
Soak a clean cloth or cotton wool in brine made from cabbage.
Put the soaked cloth into your ear at bedtime.
If your eardrum isn’t injured, your hearing will be repaired soon.
Houseleek – old folk remedy for earache, eardrum damage and hearing loss. Its juice dissolves excess hardened ear wax in the ear and generally reduces pain.