Vaseline is formed from petroleum jelly, which is fundamentally a byproduct of the oil business. Are you familiar with the fact that petroleum is dangerous to our health? Petroleum jelly makes a seal over the skin, in this way disturbing the body’s capacity to dispose of poisons through the pores. Late studies reported by the Chemtox site indicate to some unsafe reactions of dangerous petroleum ingredients:
“Petroleum based chemicals are being found to cause significant attritional effects to the nervous system and immune system after prolonged exposure. Illnesses identified in the medical research include adult and child cancers, numerous neurological disorders, immune system weakening, autoimmune disorders [and more].”
A study done by the Environmental Working Group includes that: “Many of the cosmetic industry’s chemical safety assessments reveal that common petroleum-based cosmetic ingredients can be contaminated with a cancer-causing impurity called 1,4-dioxane.”
Fortunately, you can make your own particular and natural Vaseline with only 3 ingredients:
- tea tree or peppermint essential oil
- 2 tablespoons beeswax
- 1/8 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- Warm coconut oil in a small sauce pan, over medium heat, and beeswax until it melts.
- Remove from the heat and include olive oil.
- Whisk until all of the ingredients are joined.
- Keep whisking as the blend cools, until the blend is creamy but still pourable.
- Place it into your favorite jug or shallow dish. Enjoy!
This homemade Vaseline will last fresh for up to a year.