Let’s start with a few words about asthma. This health condition or disease is caused by bronchial tubes thickening and critical respiratory inflammation. Asthma sufferers experience shortness of breath and weakness, which are just some of the symptoms of this disease. When someone coughs or suffocates frequently, it is expected that they have asthma.
When a person experiences an asthma attack, they are sensitive and allergic. Due to the irritation of the lungs, the muscles tighten, and the increase of phlegm production in the throat goes on and on. People who suffer from asthma have breathing difficulties and they experience constant coughing and shortness of breath.
Inhalers are used by all asthma patients as they help in relieving the asthma symptoms. Being quite easy, the inhaler is really suitable for carrying around and practical for use in case of sudden asthma attack. However, the constant use of inhalers is not good for your health. The reason is that this aid kit is not natural and contains a lot of chemicals, even steroids.
There are cases of asthma patients who have cured this disease by reducing the use of inhalers. However, one of the first steps you need to do is to introduce some changes in your diet. Start consuming healthy food that does not cause any harm and helps in reducing inflammation and increasing your energy level.
You can replace the inhaler by consuming healthy food that adds to the treatment of asthma. To this end, it is necessary that you know which foods are recommended and which you need to avoid.
Always opt for foods that are abundant in vitamin C and beta carotene. It is recommended that you consume carrot juice on a daily basis. Carrot juice contains a plenty of vitamin C. Another food you need to take in is the celery. This herb and its green leaves contain a lot of chlorophyll, which helps in detoxifying the liver and the intestines. It is recommended that you add a few stalks of celery into your meal.
In order to make it easier for you to regulate the amount of these recommended foods, we give you the recommended dose or the portion that needs to be consumed if you are an asthma sufferer.
- lemon juice + a small glass of juice wheatgrass
- half a bunch of capsicum + two and a half bunches of watercress + half a cup of lemon juice + ¼ of cucumber + one pineapple
- one cucumber + half a lemon + three bulbs of ripe lemongrass
- 6 stalks of celery + a bunch of spinach + ¼ cup of lemon juice + 2 green apples + a bunch of parsley
- one fennel + 8 stalks of kale + half a lemon + 3 pieces of radish + ¼ pineapple
- a cup of cranberry juice + one pomegranate + 2 cups of strawberry juiceThose are the recommended servings.
Additionally, if you want to reduce the asthma attacks, you need to avoid the following foods:
- citrus fruit
- vegetable oils, including corn and flower matahar, as they are known to cause inflammation of the respiratory tract
- food of animal origin, including milk, eggs and meat
- sodium and monosodium glutamate, as they can cause narrowing of the bronchial tubes and lead to asthma attacks
- soft drinks and alcoholSource:http:justnaturallyhealthy.com